¨¨¨°º the adventures of choklit chanteuse º°¨¨¨



1.19.2009

The Edwardian Ball!

Things are going to be a wee bit quiet here for a few days as I remain hunched over the sewing machine to make stock for the Edwardian Ball this weekend. This is the first year with vendors, and I'm ever so delighted to bring my Adornments for Tarts there!

If you haven't been to the Edwardian Ball and you're a Bay Area local, you should scamper to get tickets with all due haste. I myself will be in attendance on both Friday and Sunday nights. It's one of my favorite annual events ~ decadant costumes, shameless debauchery, lovely performers like Rasputina, Vau de Vire, and Fou Fou Ha!, and enticing exhibitions by Kinetic SteamWorks and Dark Garden make it a must-attend.

One of my favorite pictures ever was taken before my first time at the Edwardian Ball. I've always called the picture "I Dare Say!"

Causing trouble from left to right, Fudo, Stache, Choklit, and Lord Hopton. In the picture I'm wearing the first period costume I ever made. In fact, the Edwardian Ball was where the idea for Adornments for Tarts first sprouted, so it seems only fitting that I'll be vending there in a few days.

7 comments:

MendelsonPhoto said...

here's a thought... do the organizers now have to pay rights for using gorey's work? i know he's dead, but there must still be an estate managing the work...

Thieving Magpie said...

Love the photo! So scandalous! You must let us know how fabulous the ball was. Maybe next year I can join you!

TotusMel said...

So jealous...Have a fabulous time, sell lots and one day I shall endeavor to adventure!

Tom Banwell said...

Great photo! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Pamela said...

I have always loved this one! You all look Maaavelous!!!

Wenchie said...

May you make many sales, and that pic is quite stunning!

Tom Banwell said...

So how was it? Curious minds want to know.