¨¨¨°º the adventures of choklit chanteuse º°¨¨¨



8.25.2010

In the Pudding Club

It's finally time to come out of the closet... I'm knocked up. I've got a certifiable bun in the (rapidly-expanding) oven. After many years of being decidedly NOT ready to jump on the breeder bandwagon, we decided the time was right.

And so, I've spent the last four months in a haze of queasiness, violent mood swings, and heretofore un-imaginable exhaustion. Mind you, this hasn't abated my desire to hunt down all manner of new shopping temptations...

(Hemp & Velvet Booties by Bobka Baby)

So for the time being, I am putting away my corsets and bourbon, in favor of nappies and vitamins. I've been far more focused on important questions like "Is it possible to have an infant in your life and completely avoid *shudder* pastels?" and "How in the world will we decide whose surname this child will inherit?" and frequenting the brilliant alt parenting blog Offbeat Mama more often than my usual haunts of neo~Victorian and steamy blogs.

But fear not, my loves! I don't intend to turn this space into a venue to rant about swollen ankles and cloth vs. disposable diapers (tempting as those topics currently are). We're carrying on much as before ~ my love is already planning what kind of contraption he'll build for this little critter to ride in - no molded plastic stroller for us, no!

When I can muster the energy, I'll certainly still be posting here about all things fantastical and gorgeous. So I ask simply for your patience, dear readers, as I embark on this new kind of adventure!

20 comments:

Thieving Magpie said...

Squeeee! Oh I am so happy for you two and cannot wait to see what fantastic little person awaits us. Congratulations!

Sidereal Day said...

How exciting, congratulations!

Tom Banwell said...

Congrats! More costuming opportunities!

MafiosaGrrl said...

That first image is hilarious! Congrats to you and yours! I can't wait to see the baby hauling contraption.

InSectus said...

AHAHHAHAHAAAA YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*explodes with joy*

Raven said...

Not to fear, we are in a brave new world where onesies no longer have to be pastel and names must follow script..... I sew jumpers with skulls on them for my grandbaby, and her name is a (legal) combination of both parents. Oh....Her middle name?
"DANGER".
What a great Universe it is.

bloodmilk. said...

congrats!
xo

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!
J-bird

nullalux said...

Mazel tov! Can't wait to meet the bubuleh!

Designs by Victoria said...

Congratulations! And it is possible to survive babyhood without pastels. Aside from the "coming home from the hospital" outfit that was a gift from family, our little munchkin was pretty much clad in bold colors until she got old enough to start expressing a preference for pink all on her own. *shudder* It must be a genetic inbred imperative for girls.

Tiffany Westlund said...

What exciting news....lovely winter snuggle up, growing a babes, prepping the home, making stuffs & being all glowy.
Congratulations!

squadratomagico said...

Many congratulations! How exciting for you and the feller!

dd said...

Oh my goodness. A wee one! Congratulations!

Gypsy Eyes Jewelry said...

Huzzah! Wee baby toes!

Jill said...

congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I missed seeing this last post and was wondering what was up! How fantastic. I am sure you are going to have an uber stylish little tot to show off to us in a few months! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!

Detective in Mumbai, Detectives in Mumbai, Detective in India said...

Hi, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

Detective in Mumbai
Detective Mumbai

Detective in Mumbai, Detectives in Mumbai, Detective in India said...

Hi, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

Detective in Mumbai
Detectives in Mumbai

firefighter shirts said...

This post is really awesome. Firefighter Teeshirts