¨¨¨°º the adventures of choklit chanteuse º°¨¨¨



4.15.2008

Tears For Phoebe

A little disconcerting that I was writing about matters of mortality last night, as this morning I received the devastating news that Phoebe Washer, the stunningly talented 20-year-old artist daughter of our friends Jack and Drew, had fallen from a cliff yesterday while hiking.

Phoebe was a luminous soul and she will be missed. I'm astonished and tearful that such a bright light could be extinguished so suddenly. She had her first solo art show at barely 18, and nearly sold it out. Her art was whimsical and haunting, and always moving.


Phoebe's painting From Above and a self-portrait.



Jack and Drew and everyone who loved Phoebe, my heart is with you.

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I don't know if you pay attention this far back or not but I couldn't pass this post by without expressing my deepest sorrow. Any early death is a tragedy and looking at that picture of her bright, glowing face and knowing that she had so much potential for her life ahead makes her death even more tragic. My heart goes out to her family and to all who knew her.

Denise D said...

This is a greatt blog