¨¨¨°º the adventures of choklit chanteuse º°¨¨¨



5.27.2008

Goodbye, Chat Noir

When I started blogging, I promised myself I wouldn't write about my cats. This blog is just too new for me to be posting the cat already.

But sometimes one has to break one's own rules, and this is such an occasion. Late last night I had to put down Carolina, my kitty companion of 15 years.

This poster always reminded me of her - she had the exact same elegantly rumpled black fur and haughty amber-eyed stare.


She was a very good kitty and I'm going to miss her tremendously. Although there will be more room and less claws in the bed tonight, I'm going to be a wreck, and probably will be for a few nights still to come. Here she is, clearly making evil plans for household domination, in 1994.


Skyeboy made a beautiful little pine coffin for her, and sometime this week we'll have a burial.

Fittingly, the band is playing at a bar called the Black Cat this weekend - and so I'm considering it a wake for Carolina.

Farewell, sweet furry friend.

4 comments:

Em said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cat! Losing a friend is the hardest thing, furry one or not.

squadratomagico said...

Sorry to hear about your sweet kitty! I've had to make that decision, too, (for my own sweet, all-black boy) and I know how hard it is. Intellectually, I knew it was the right thing to do, but emotionally it just devastated me. Hope you come through the grieving as well as possible.

Unknown said...

Sweet Carolina!!
We forever shall love the kitten that graced Choklit's life for so many years.
May she have many a mouse to chase in kitty heaven, with the softest of beds to snuggle in, and endless fresh tuna and crab to munch on. We shall miss you sweet kitten...
Love your friend,
Whitney

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so sorry. I went through my first (and hopefully last) experience of having to put an animal to sleep a little over a year ago when our 15 year old dog had a stroke that he just couldn't recover from. I can still remember how awful those 4 or 5 days were when we were trying to decide what to do. I'm glad you chose to post about this as it is a nice, fitting tribute to someone who obvious made a difference in your life.