¨¨¨°º the adventures of choklit chanteuse º°¨¨¨



6.26.2008

100 Hearts and Garters

Last night I reached 100 hearts for my Etsy shop, Atelier Choklit. I must say it was largely due to my fortuitous first front page appearance in a treasury by CalloohCallay, which doubled my hearts in an hour...

I've also been quietly working on some adornments for the gentlemen, not least of which is a stack of silk sleeve garters, which, according to Wikipedia, were originally used to adjust sleeves on shirts that only came ready-made with extra long sleeves. Pictures soon - for now, you'll have to be satisfied with this one of Skyeboy getting ready for the Edwardian Ball, sporting the pair I made for him in a lovely silver silk.


I'd love to do hat-bands, as well, but I'm still figuring out how to make them adjustable enough to fit all sizes of hats while keeping the fabric-covered button closure.

I'll admit I'm also thrilled with the idea of a photo shoot featuring some of the dashing men in my life. Dandies on film, sigh.

5 comments:

Hyla said...

Dashing and Sexy, shhhh Dont tell my hubby!

~Hyla

Sarah Dungan said...

Yes make me hat bands! So many hats, so few bands...alas.

Wenchie said...

Very cool I wish my hubby would wear items like that =/

TotusMel said...

Congrats on the hearts, they are an addicting source of pride, be prepared to never be satisfied with the ones you have!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap... Ladies - he's single... for now!