¨¨¨°º the adventures of choklit chanteuse º°¨¨¨



6.30.2008

Dances of Vice

I'm thinking about taking out an ad for Atelier Choklit in the program for the next Dances of Vice festival. Being of the West Coast ilk, I haven't had the pleasure of attending one of their Manhattan events yet, but it sounds like it's right up my alley... a community of "elegant flappers, dandies, time travelers, artists & ne'er-do-wells."


If I wasn't going to be packing for Burning Man, I'd be seriously tempted to go - the theme is the Munchausen Time Traveller's Ball. Not only do I adore that movie, the venue looks amazing, and the dress code is nothing less than "18th Century, Victorian, New Romantic, Elizabethan, Carnevale, Edwardian, 1920-30s, Steampunk, Decadent..." Hello, Choklit heaven?

Is it just me, or are we experiencing a renaissance of events for the costume set? I'm thrilled. One can never have enough opportunities to look fabulous in dramatic uncomfortable clothes, I say.

3 comments:

Wenchie said...

I wish I could go to that and Burning Man a sadly my hubby would highly disapprove due to funds.

squadratomagico said...

That looks so incredibly awesome. Wish I could head back east to check it out...

And... I'm so jealous that you all in the Bay area can go to Dark Garden's annual "rummage sale" next weekend. They are expensive, but it looks like there will be lots of heavily-discounted corsets, plus sales on all manner of other frippery.

Le sigh!

Anonymous said...

Julia here!

It's funny that you mentioned Dances of Vice to me today, because as soon ad I got home and checked my Live Journal, someone had posted an add for it on the lolita community there! I was shocked by the coincidence!

Atelier Choklit is super-fab, everything is beautiful! Good luck!

xoxo